Monday, July 24, 2017

Al & Mickey Williams' July Praise Bulletin

PRAISE ITEMS:
1.    AL’S TRIP TO THAILAND IN JULY--Those of us who gathered in Bangkok spent four days discussing and planning for the future direction of SIL in Asia. With a much greater emphasis on the involvement of local staff in all aspects of our work and engaging more intently with local organizations who are also focused on the translated Word of God and language development in their countries comes challenges and change in the days ahead. There was very good discussion and we left with a lot of work to do but encouraged as well. I shared a room that week with a colleague from India. We had many good conversations on his perspective of the work in India and how this focus will aid the work there. I always enjoy the opportunity to hear the perspectives of my Asian colleagues as I’ve found there is a lot to learn from them. Please continue to pray as we work to bring practical action to the many items discussed at these meetings. I came away with quite a few tasks to follow up on and new conversations to begin with those in my area of responsibility. I also found that answers to your prayers sometimes come in practical but unexpected ways. On my return trip to the US from Bangkok I had a stopover in Seoul, South Korea. I got on the plane for my flight to Detroit, found my seat and a short time later a flight attendant came to my seat and said, “Mr. Williams, I’m sorry but your ticket has been upgraded to business class. Will you follow me please?” I must say that I was not sorry and truly enjoyed the blessing of being much more comfortable for that 12-hour flight to Detroit. It truly was an answer to your prayers.
2.   VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IN MARYLAND--Thanks for praying for the VBS in Maryland that we were supposed to be speaking at June 19-23 but couldn’t because of my  (Mickey’s) dizziness. Here’s the report we got from our friends there: "We had a great week at VBS with about 300 children each day. We had 10 children pray for salvation and gave out 20 Bibles.”  Praise God!

PRAYER ITEMS:
1.   SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES--Significant fighting continues in the southern Philippines and has had some impact on our teams' ability to work in the area of the country. Please continue to pray for peace in the Philippines and that the Lord will be glorified in these times of unrest.
2.    JEREMY AND HIS CHILDREN--Please continue to uphold our son Jeremy and his four children (ages 9, 8, 6 and 5) in prayer for:
a.      God’s healing touch emotionally for them and all of our extended family as we’ve all been affected in some way by Jeremy and Jillian’s divorce.
b.     God’s provision of just the right person to buy Jeremy’s house.
c.      God’s provision of a less expensive place for Jeremy to rent.
d.     God’s control over a delicate situation at Jeremy’s job that could affect his financial situation negatively.
MICKEY’S HEALTH--Thanks to each of you who have prayed for me or shown concern through your emails, cards, hugs, etc. On July 13, I learned that our insurance company had approved me to have the special physical therapy (the Epley maneuver) that will, hopefully, relieve my dizziness. I have had two sessions so far. I’d appreciate your prayers for wisdom for the therapist as she works with me (she says I’m a ‘complicated case’). 

No comments:

Post a Comment